Marketing never stops. In a world where brands are trying to push their products and services to the forefront of everything, marketing can’t stop.
And because we’re in a world where both the brands and their consumers are smart, as well as an environment where media technology plays faster than the brands’ ability to catch up; marketing techniques become quickly obsolete.
For all the above reasons and more, marketers are more aware that they absolutely must stay on top of the latest technologies in marketing and communications.
Below are the five main reasons why we believe every successful marketer needs to stay on top of his technology:
- New technologies and marketing trends tend to capture the attention of the audience first. The latter means that in the chaos of marketing and sales messages, new technologies can help you retain the attention of your customer, much longer than classical methods.
- Once a technology is overused by brands, customers start automatically phasing it out as background noise. What encourages this behavior is the availability of means allowing customers to block out sales and marketing messages.
- Technology is always credited to those who use it first. This is why brands can enjoy the advantage of the first mover again and again with the emergence of every single new marketing technology. Customers always remember those who did it first.
- Technology is moving towards sensory data and customization of content and experiences. The cookie cutter approach of too many brands will soon be forcing them to secondary ranks.
- Staying on top of up and coming technologies give brands and marketers the option to shape the market instead of staying at the defensive, responding to its trends. This untapped potential is huge in terms of market and demand development.